Current Reads (or ones I hope to get to soon)

  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Believe it or not, I really did buy a 750 page book out of the history section that I plan to read for pleasure.
  • Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield
  • Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New York

As soon as I walked off the graduation stage, we got in a car and drove to New York City! This was the first time I've been there in two years so I was excited, to say the least. Our lives were slightly endangered with Steve driving (just kidding) but we made it to our hotel safe and sound. We only had three days in the city and it was the first time my parents have ever been so trust me, we covered the entire island of Manhattan in those three days! I was already exhausted when I got to NY because of the work at residency, the late nights and lots of walking around campus, so I was dragging day one. That being said, I was a trooper and we had a great time. In the three days we were there we saw ground zero, the statue of liberty, south street seaport, canal st, little italy, empire state building, rockefeller center, times square, broadway show, soho, greenwich village, etc, etc, etc. I had Pinkberry for the first time, which I have to admit I wasn't thrilled about. I also went to Spice, one of my favorite restaurants in the world, and Dale and Thomas, the best popcorn ever! Here are some photos from the trip.

Typical Times Square shot

This has also become a typical shot...Dale and Thomas, yum!

Dinner in Little Italy...great fettuccini and sangria

Central Park

Mary Poppins on 42nd St

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I've gotta make it out to NY some day...

yuan family said...

Laurie...I never knew you had a blog...how fun! COngratulations on graduating!