For some reason lately it's been hitting me how quickly technology changes. It's amazing that I am only 25 but in some ways feel like technology is already passing me by! Not necessarily because I don't understand it or am intimidated by it, but simply because I don't use it. I didn't start this blog until recently and in some ways, a major reason I started it is because it's a more modern way to journal. I had committed myself to journaling after finishing my MBA and decided this might be a better way to do it....an easy way to capture my thoughts while learning a little about the blogging world! But back to technology in general, there are so many things out there that I don't use at all...ringtones, podcasts, wikis, rss feeds, mobile apps, DVR and HDTV, etc., etc., etc. Recently I heard a quote, and I have no idea how this can be proved to be true, but it said that when children who are being born today are entering the workforce, the six biggest jobs will be jobs that don't even exist today! To me, that's just a perfect example of how quickly things are changing.
Maybe I'm just going through a quarter-life crisis, but I'm committing myself to doing everything I can to learn about emerging technologies and make sure I still understand their usefulness. Thinking about it more, some of this could be stemming from all the people I work with who are in their fifties and act like they're practically seeing a computer for the first time. It amazes me how much that holds people back in their jobs and has opened me up to the realization that that's the last place I want to be because in many ways, it's a decision to let the technology use you instead of you using the technology. Now that I've gotten on my soap box about technology, I'll do what I can to help by posting an image and link below to explain RSS (Really Simple Syndication). I have been seeing the little RSS logo everywhere lately and this is really what spurred this post. Hope you enjoy this information, as I found it very helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment