Current Reads (or ones I hope to get to soon)

  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Believe it or not, I really did buy a 750 page book out of the history section that I plan to read for pleasure.
  • Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield
  • Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Starbucks

I've been trying REALLY hard to save money lately because I may be without a job in a couple months (my choice, I'll go into that later) and as a result, I haven't had Starbucks in 11 days. I'm having definite withdrawals and when I drive to work in the morning I swear my car tries to take me to Starbucks on the way. I just may have to give in one of these days and let myself have just one drink!

So, in addition to not going to Starbucks, I'm trying to come up with cheap hobbies now that I'm done with school and actually have time on my hands. Not very creative, but here's what I've come up with so far, please let me know if you have any suggestions!
  • Reading (libraries are free!)
  • Redbox DVD rentals (only $1!)
  • Taking Sophie to the dog park (when it's not 110 degrees outside)
  • LONG walks
  • Blogging
  • Working out
  • Cooking
  • Knitting (I haven't started this yet, but I'm thinking about it)

No comments: