Current Reads (or ones I hope to get to soon)

  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Believe it or not, I really did buy a 750 page book out of the history section that I plan to read for pleasure.
  • Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield
  • Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cave Creek Wine Bar

My friend Shannon's fiance was out of town for the weekend so a few of us girls decided to get together and drive a little ways north to Cave Creek for dinner and wine. I had never met Faith before and she was hilarious all night long so I'm so glad she was able to go with us! We were at the wine bar for maybe 2 hours and shared a cheese platter with the most amazing cheeses, a mixed bruschetta platter, a delicious salad with rasperries, mangos, avocado, grilled chicken and this interesting habanero mango dressing, and lastly, a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne! Everything was SO delicious and I'm thinking I might take my mom there in a couple weeks when she flies into town.

As we were leaving the wine bar to head to another place called Cocomo Joe's, a lady came running out after us. She asked us how old we were because she had a 27-year-old friend with her from India who she wanted to hook up with one of us! Being that Shannon just got engaged, Faith lives with her boyfriend, I am moving to OR in just a couple weeks and Jackie only dates Jewish guys, we let her know that none of us were available. However, Shannon being WAY too nice offered to go in and meet him. His name was Raj and as it turned out, they were headed to Cocomo Joe's just like we were! So, to make a long story short, the entire rest of the night became a game of trying to figure out how we could avoid Raj and his 60-year-old housemates! I can't possibly tell the story quite as funny as it was experiencing it in person, but let me just say...it was quite a night! Here's a few pics from the night:

Me, Jackie and Shannon

Faith and the guy who bought her a $100 bottle of champagne in the background

Faith and Nina

Shannon and Faith

Me, Jackie, Shannon and Faith

1 comment:

Shannon said...

OMGOSH SOOOO FUN SOOO FUN SOO FUN! what a fabulous and random night! love you