Current Reads (or ones I hope to get to soon)

  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Believe it or not, I really did buy a 750 page book out of the history section that I plan to read for pleasure.
  • Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield
  • Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogging for a living

So, I'm completely obsessed with coming up with an idea to blog for a living. Clearly, only a limited number of people want to read about my life, so this blog's not going to cut it; however, I've been reading so many blogs that have advertisements all over them and some people who even specifically say that's what they do and now I'm convinced I can come up with a topic to blog about, quit my job and be able to live comfortably off the wonderful living of Internet journaling. The only problem is, I have to come up with a topic people want to read about and even more difficult than that is finding people who want to pay me to advertise on my blog. Now I do recognize that this may take a long time to generate revenue, but I'm convinced it could happen. I'm sorta thinking about going with a blog on flowers. I do, afterall, have a little support on the topic from the family business and just think of all the advertising opportunities. Ok, now I'm starting to sound like someone who just finished business school....but anyways, really, if you have any ideas, send them my way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laurie! I work for an online marketing company called Commission Junction, who's supposed to be the best in the affiliate industry. If you ever want to be a publisher and host advertisements on your blog to earn commisssion, you should sign up through us! :)