Just a couple weeks ago I was at work on a Thursday afternoon and I get a text message from Jodi (my roommate from New York) and she happens to be in Las Vegas. What does she say? She wants me to meet her there tomorrow! As everyone knows, I have a dog and am doing my MBA so it's not super easy to just pick up and leave, but there was no way I could turn that down. I asked my other friend Shannon to watch Sophie and blew off my homework for the weekend until I got back Sunday night and jumped on a plane the next day....and I'm so glad I did! The weekend was amazing! To begin with, we were staying at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay (the newer, nicer wing) in one of their suites. I'm pretty sure it was the nicest room I've ever stayed in, and probably ever will. Jodi works for the Discovery Channel and they paid for my stuff all weekend, I just had to get myself there. The only thing I did have to pay for was gambling :-) Jodi and I became obsessed with the black jack tables! I think I won about $40 over the course of the weekend. We would spend the entire time trying to find the cheapest tables in Vegas and ultimately decided that The Excalibur is not a bad place to play because the tables are cheap but the hotel is not as gross as The Luxor. Here are a couple photos from the quick trip:
You can kind of see the suite here


No comments:
Post a Comment